What is a Spacer?
Spacers have an essential role in construction sites because the gap between the tiles during the installation emerges as a problem, and they are needed to be at the same size. But it is quite challenging to fix the tiles with a slippery mortar or cement at the same width, particularly on the walls. Therefore, construction spacers are the best solution to this problem and bring you great ease and practicality.
Placing a spacer between the tiles will provide a consistent gap and a well-ordered line, which will ensure the formation of the best look on the tiles. Besides, spacers are made from plastic, and therefore, they are easy to insert and remove and cost-efficient since they can be used repeatedly.
Why Do You Need Spacers in Construction Site?
Tiles are widely used in commercial and residential buildings because of their decorative elegance with different patterns and textures. More importantly, they are preferred because of their capacity of water repellency in wet surfaces to protect the walls and the building structure. Therefore, they must be installed carefully and neatly to ensure maximum waterproofing and intended decoration. So, construction spacers are the best way to do it.
What Are Types of Spacers?
There are different types of spacers available in the hardware stores, and it is necessary to consider that they can be used for various purposes. The spacer types are:
X or Cross-Shaped Spacers:
X or Cross-Shaped Spacers are mainly used at the joining of the four tiles and resemble the “X” letter.
T-Shaped Spacers are mainly used in the intersection of the three tiles.
Wedge Spacers are made of flexible plastic and can be used to adjust the gap between the tiles.
Horseshoe Spacers resemble the “U” letter and can be used both for tiles and countertops.
In our store, you can find different types of the construction site and safety equipment. For detailed information, please visit AET Universal Group.
How to Use Spacers Effectively?
To maximize the advantages of the spacers, they should be installed effectively, and here are some tips for it:
- Clean and straighten the surface on which you intend to apply the tiles.
- Establish/fix a starting point on the surface to create the aimed pattern.
- Organize the tiles before starting installation compliant with the intended patterns.
- Apply the mortar on the surface at the right amount.
- Press the tile firmly on the mortar.
- Place the spacer on one corner of the tile and use that gap to follow a consistent measure through the whole surface.
- Should have enough spacers to finish the entire surface and not remove and reuse them before drying up.
What Are the Advantages of Spacers?
- Although the spacers are small elements and they are not crucial for tile installation, they are very effective for the following reasons:
- The spacers help you form a consistent gap between the tiles.
- They enable the formation of the intended pattern with the best look.
- The spacers in construction help you design the pattern and organize the tiles by determining a fixed gap between tiles.
- The equipment ensures the use of only the right amount of mortar and sticks them neatly, which will maintain the integrity of the tiles.
- They will save you time by enabling the correct planning and preventing the slipping of the tiles.
For further details and information about the construction spacers and our other services and products, please visit our website https://www.aetuniversal.com/.