What is Mobile Scaffolding?
Scaffolding plays a very crucial part in construction site projects; before covering mobile scaffolding in detail, it would be better to understand the scaffolding concept. Let’s see the details of this key element first.
What is Scaffolding?
Scaffolding is one of the key elements in a construction and renovation project, whether commercial or residential. Apart from the buildings, it is also used in shipbuilding to utilize its benefits. Scaffolding offers a safe and secure platform for the workers to carry out their works and transport materials. As it addresses different needs, different types of construction scaffolding have emerged, and mobile scaffolding systems are one of them.
What is Mobile Scaffolding?
Mobility and practicality are important in construction and renovation projects since they help the project owners save money, time, and workforce. Therefore, a mobile scaffolding system that offers mobility, easy installation, and sturdiness is designed. This system combines the strong structure of fixed scaffolding with mobility through casters/wheels that enable the repositioning of the system in the construction/project site in a short time to continue to work.
What Are The Advantages Of Mobile Scaffolding?
Mobile scaffolding offers significant advantages over the fixed scaffolding types. These advantages can be counted as follows:
- Mobile scaffolding can easily be moved from one place to another in the construction site thanks to its wheels without needing much workforce and time.
- These systems are usually produced from light aluminum construction materials, and thus, the system weighs lighter than the fixed scaffolding. Being lighter is the key factor that facilitates mobility and transportation.
- Mobile scaffolding comes together with safety equipment to minimize injuries and falls. Guardrails, toeboards, and large platforms assure the safety of your workers and the sound continuance of your project.
- Mobile scaffolding provides a large working area at the top that will carry the necessary tools and materials needed by the workers.
- The platform at the top of the mobile scaffolding is enclosed by guardrails and provides a secure area for the workers.
- Mobile scaffolding needs quite a few people to set up and operate, which will save you money and time.
- This system covers relatively a smaller area than the fixed scaffolding and leaves it larger for other works. Furthermore, it can fit into the smaller and shorter spaces and is usable easily in the interior spaces.
- Mobile scaffolding saves project owners and contractors money with its easy and quick installation and re-usable in many projects, thanks to its sturdiness.
What Are the Parts Of Mobile Scaffolding?
Mobile scaffolding has different structural and safety parts, and all these parts are required to ensure the maximum utilization of the system. These are:
- Locking casters for mobility
- Diagonal and cross bracings, locking pins, toeboard, guardrails, caster fastening pins for safety.
- Access ladder and gate, working platform for the working
- Panels, posts, Coupling pins, outriggers for the structure.
Why is Mobile Scaffolding Useful?
Mobile scaffolding provides mobility, practicality, and low cost in construction projects in which time and cost are crucial. It enables the change of position and place without the need for disassembly and setting up.